As part of the Religious Archives Support Plan, RAG produces its own guidance for religious archives.
3. Archives for Beginners
An introduction to looking after religious archives based on a training course run by RAG in June 2013 (some of these files have been since updated)
5. Guidance on the Care of Archives of Religious Communities
- Section 1 Managing your archives
- Section 2 Preservation
- Section 3 Modern media
- Section 4 Sorting and arrangement
- Section 5 Description
- Section 6 Access and outreach
- Section 7. Appendix
6. RAG on-line archival resources for religious history of UK v6 (in light of Covid-19 restrictions)
The Legal bit …
Guidance material at 1, 3 and 4 above was prepared by Dr Tim Powell, Senior Adviser: Religious Archives at The National Archives for the Religious Archives Group. This guidance is © Crown copyright 2014.
You may re-use this information free of charge in any format or medium, under the terms of the Open Government Licence. To view this licence, visit